OASIS Intergenerational Tutoring Program
- The OASIS Intergenerational Tutoring Program commitment is 1 academic year and requires 3-5 hours per week of preparation, traveling, and tutoring time.
- OASIS currently serves 22 schools throughout school districts of Eugene 4J, Springfield, and Harrisburg, with plans to expand service areas to other school districts.
- Tutors are generally community members aged 50 and above, who are planning to stay in the Lane County area for at least one year from beginning of match.
- Youth enrolled in the OASIS program are currently in grades 1st through 3rd. Sometimes successful matches may be continued until the 4th and 5th grade.
- Youth are referred to OASIS based on teacher recommendations.
- OASIS matches focus their time 1:1 within the school site to work on reading and language skills.
- Tutors can work in a school in their respective neighborhoods and the program coordinator will match their preferences with the schools’ needs. Program coordinator will also help schedule a time during the school day for tutoring sessions.
- Tutors will complete a comprehensive training program with continued support on lesson planning and tutoring materials.
- Tutors will also benefit from networking and enrichment events throughout the academic year.
For more information contact Elaine Szeto via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 344-0833 x107