- The New Options Running Program’s commitment begins each January and runs through the Fall.
- New Options pairs mentors with young men in the Stepping Stone residential treatment program at the John Serbu youth campus on MLK Boulevard in Eugene.
- The group of mentors and young men meet once per week 1:1 pursue athletic goals while forming long-lasting and strong relationships under BBBS supervision. There are also opportunities to attend group running practices and participate in approved outings in the community.
- New Options mentors are at least 20 years of age at match date.
- New Options pairs participate in a series of local road races benefiting other non-profit causes, like the CASA run, the HIV Alliance Walk & The Bridgeway House Run.
- Due to the unique population of New Options’ young men, BBBS holds a supplemental training for New Options in addition to the general BBBS Mentor training. New Options operates as a cohort group model- although the matches are still 1:1.
Learn more by contacting Eugene Henderson at email@example.com or by calling (541) 344-0833 x101